Frequently Asked Questions
- COVID Precautions are being taken at each location. Please be prepared to wear a face mask for the protection of yourself and those around you.
- When Is This Year’s Tour?
October 21-22 2023 – 11 AM to 5 PM
- What Is an Artist Open Studio Tour?
A studio is a place where someone makes art, – it can be a room, garage, or barn – clean or messy, funky or classic. Some artists will be creating art when you visit and others combine studio spaces to share their artwork with the public. This is an opportunity to experience a variety of art from painting to jewelry, from woodwork to pottery. Some of Stanislaus’s hidden gems only open their studio doors for this once-a-year event!
- How Does The Self-Guided Tour Work?
It’s simple, get a free map, plan your route from the booklet, visit the artist studios and enjoy the unique spaces!
- How Do I Get A FREE Map?
NEW this year we are offering downloadable maps for FREE!
Maps include artist briefs, addresses and sponsors who help make this tour possible.
- Plan Your Route
Since there are over 60 artists participating, it’s best to make a route to be sure you’ll have enough time to visit all your favorite artists over the weekend.
- Participating artists have paid for the opportunity to share their art and to meet with you. Artists love to share the joy of creating art and their processes, to the curious and those who just love art. Feel free to ask the artist questions or just quietly soak it all in.
You will find unique art pieces in the studios, and most artists have their original artwork available for purchase during this event…if you see something you like be sure to ask, but there is no obligation to buy anything.
- I’m coming from out of town, where can I stay in Modesto?
Hotels In Modesto