Frequently Asked Questions
- When Is This Year’s Tour?
April 25-26, 11AM to 5PM
- What Is an Artist Open Studio Tour?
A studio is a place where someone makes art, – it can be a room, garage or barn – clean or messy, funky or classic. Some artists will be creating art when you visit and others combine studio spaces to share their artwork with the public. This is an opportunity to experience a variety of art from painting to jewelry, from woodwork to pottery. Some of Stanislaus’s hidden gems only open their studio doors for this once a year event!
- How Does The Self-Guided Tour Work?
It’s simple, get a free map (see above), plan your route then on April 25-26, visit the artist studios!
- How Do I Get A FREE Map?
NEW this year we are offering downloadable maps for FREE!
Maps include artist briefs, addresses, and a raffle entry form to win a Featured Artist piece of artwork (worth over $200). Click Here To Get Your Free Map
- Plan Your Route
Since there are over 60 artists participating, it’s best to make a route to be sure you’ll have enough time to visit all your favorite artists over the weekend.
- Participating artists have paid for the opportunity to share their art and to meet with you. Artists love to share the joy of creating art and their processes, to the curious and those who just love art. Feel free to ask the artist questions or just quietly soak it all in.
You will find unique art pieces in the studios, and most artists have their original artwork available for purchase during this event…if you see something you like be sure to ask, but there is no obligation to buy anything.
- I’m coming from out of town, where can I stay in Modesto?
Hotels In Modesto